Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Talking to the birds


Today, as I was putting on my make up, I heard Nora engaging in one of her favorite passtimes. Talking to the birds.

She was sitting on a little stand we have at the top of our steps, just warbling away. If you have never heard a cat talk to the birds, let me tell you, it is funny to hear. It is not a meow, or a growl, but a tender coaxing kind of sound.

With my super special translation skills, I was able to determine that the conversation went something like this:

Nora: Hello Mr. Bird, what a lovely song you are singing.

Bird: Oh! Why thank you, (in British accent)

Nora: If only I could hear it better, can you come a little closer please?

Bird: (again with British accent) Why I would be happy to oblige a lovely lady such as yourself. (scoots closer)

Nora: Why, Mr. Bird, what lovely colors your feathers have, do you mind if I have a closer look?

Bird: Oh, well, by all means, I insist. (again with the British accent)

Nora: Let me just get a little...bit...closer (Nora takes flying leap at window and crashes to the floor)

Bird: Stupid frickin cat (spoken like a New Jersey hoodlum).

5 comments:

Maggie Mae and Max said...

This post made mommy laugh out loud :)

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

A MilShelb Mom said...

hahaha! I had a roommate who had 2 cats... they used to talk to the birds all the time... especially spring mornings. It was so funny to hear them.
~Maggie

Two Little Cavaliers said...

Poor baby. Hope you didn't hurt yourself crashing into the window. If you want to come and play with us we like to hunt birds when we are outside but mommy doesn't let us catch them.

Davinia and Indiana

Tiffany said...

Following you back :) Thanks for linking up!!

Chantale said...

My cat does that all the time too.. It sometimes is funny hearing her.

By the way thanks for the follow..I am now following you