Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

It's My Birthday!- by Nora

Guess what friends?  It is my birthday!  Well, as close as we can tell anyway.  You see, when Mommy adopted me from the shelter, they did not know my exact date of birth, just that it was sometime in July.  So, Mommy decided today we would celebrate my birthday.  I was so excited, all day I knew something was going to happen, I just did not know what.

Mommy said they were going to have a surprise for me after they ate dinner, so I hung around the dining room, wondering what would happen.  After they ate, I noticed them getting into the container where all my and Dexter's fun stuffs are kept, you know, treats, toys, clothes (shudder).  Next thing I knew Mommy and Daddy were fooling around on the dining room table.  Look at what they were doing:

It's a birthday cake!  FOR ME!  Complete with 4 candles, because I am 4 years old!  And it is my favorite flavor.  Fish!
Mommy helped me blow out the candles....
And now, I get to nom it!
Thanks Mommy and Daddy for helping me celebrate my birthday, and for loving me enough to put up with all my shenanigans!

Love,
Nora

P.S. After I finish celebrating my birthday, I will help Mommy pick the winner of the Crochet Kitty contest.  Stay tuned!

4 comments:

the teacher's pets said...

Hi Nora,
Your mom and my mom are the best when it comes to knowing how to plan a cat birthday pawty! My mom gave me 2 cans of Fancy Feast on my birthday complete with candles! My brother, Buster, thought it was great beclaws he got to share a few bites with me!
Happy 4th birthday!
Love, Henry the tabby

Maggie Mae and Max said...

Happy Birthday Nora!!!

It looks like you had a wonderful day!

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

♥ Sallie said...

Happy Birthday!

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! Happy Birthday NORA. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar