Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Mommy made me COOKIES! - by Dexter

Oh. My. Dog.  I do not know what I did to deserve this, but I better find out fast and do it a lot more often.  Mommy made me cookies!

As you know, doggies like us cannot have chocolate.  But we CAN have something called carob, which looks a lot like chocolate.  So Mommy made me carob chip cookies that are special for dogs!
As soon as she told me she as doing it I got very excited, but she explained that it would take a while.  First she had to mix the dough.  It already looks delicious!

Then she had to form the cookies and put them on the cookie sheet.  The cookies had to bake in the oven for 20 minutes, which to a little guy like me seemed like forever!

After they came out of the oven, the cookies had to cool.  That was the longest wait ever.  I could not stand it, they smelled so good!

Finally, Mommy said it was time to try one.  But I had to sit like a good dog first.  I was trying so hard to be patient!

It must have worked, because Mommy gave me a cookie.  I took it to my crate, which is where I like to eat my treats (please pardon the mess, I tore the place apart waiting for the cookie).


Oh my goodness it was so delicious nom nom nom nom.
I love my Mommy so much for making me cookies.  I gave her a big kiss when I was done eating it.  I might even be nice and share some with my friends Rosie and Bandit.

And Mommy, because she loves Daddy as much as she loves me, made special people cookies for Daddy as well, so he can have some when he gets home.


What a lucky couple of guys we are, huh Daddy?

Thank you Mommy!
Love, Dexter

2 comments:

Maggie Mae and Max said...

Dexter,

Dose cookies look most yummy! Can I come over and helps you eats dem?

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

Jenny said...

Found you on Mama to 3 Blessings Firday Blog Hop! I'm a new follower! Check out my blog sometime: http://aworldofcrafts.blogspot.com/

Wish I could reach thru this screen right now and grab a cookie!