Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

My girl is grown up. Almost.

I think I finally understand how mothers feel when they see their kids growing up.  Especially when they get those rare moments where their almost grown up kids still want a hug, a kiss, a snuggle.

Last night, Nora gave me one of those moments.


Ever since Hubby and I moved into the house, Nora has steered clear of snuggling with us a lot.  Having so much room, and having Hubby in the bed with me every night has really changed Nora's patterns.  She will still snuggle with me on the bed during the day, or on the couch sometimes, but night time snuggles are really rare.

Lately, however, we have been bringing Dex up to the bedroom for night time snuggles.  And I think Nora has been realizing how nice these family moments can be.  So, last night, after Dexter went to bed, Hubby and I were lying in bed talking, and Nora hopped up for some family time of her own.  For about half an hour, she nuzzled, snuggled, kissed us, and purred very loudly.  It was awesome.  It made me so happy and was a wonderful end to the day.

I am glad there are times when she still wants to be my baby.

No comments: