Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Hug your pets tonight

Hello friends, so sorry this blog has had a bout of radio silence.  The past few months have been pretty hectic, but I am hoping to spend more time on all my blogs now.  

IMG_1538 There is something happening that pet owners need to be aware of.  For the second time in a month, I have heard of an attempted or successful pet robbery.  Both times involved dogs that were safely confined in their owners' yards.  Each time the owner turned their back for just a moment.  With the first incident, the owner returned to see a strange man holding her dogs.  When questioned, he said they got loose and he was returning them.  In the second incident, when the owner returned, the dog was gone.  Last I heard, the dog was still missing, and the suspected thief was a neighbor.

These incidents happened hundreds of miles apart.  I just do not understand what would possess a person to steal someone's pet.  In both cases, I believe, these were indoor pets, who were outside for recreation and potty trips.  It only took seconds for the situations to occur.

I know I am guilty of opening the back door, and letting the dogs run outside and play, while I wash dishes or cook in the kitchen.  I keep an eye on them, but clearly, it only takes seconds for someone to try to steal your pets, even from the safety of your enclosed yard.  So, please, I beg you, hug your pets a little tighter tonight, and keep a close eye on them at all times.

No comments: